Many countries are at war right now… and they are spending millions of dollars in armament, guns, army, etc. … ok many may argue that now war can’t be over from one day to the other, and that now they need to finish what they started…
But what about before? Africa has been dealing with hunger for centuries now, and many people seem to forget this. And not only Africa… check these numbers, they make me shiver!!! Africa may be the country with more percent of people with hunger… but the numbers for the developing countries are alarming. (the following is taken from the WFP website)
- Approximately 795 million people around the world don’t have access to a healthy and active way of That’s more or less one every nine people on earth.
- The majority of the people that suffer from hunger in the world live in developed countries, where 13.5% of the population presents malnutrition. Note that the developed countries are the strongest ones at war and the ones spending more money on it.
- Africa is the region with more hunger in the world. One every four people present malnutrition.
- Malnutrition is the cause of almost half (45%) of the death in children under five – 3,1 million kids every year.
- In the developed countries approximately 100 million kids are under the normal weight.
- Also in the developing countries 66 million kids who still are in primary school, go to class with hunger. Only in Africa there are 23 million.
- According to the World Food Programme, about US$3,2 thousand million are needed per year to reach each 66 million kids, that are still in primary school, with hunger.
.A refugee from the Mbororo tribe, prepares the food in Baturi (Camerun) (picture taken from the El Mundo. Newspaper.
If we all get together, as we did for Paris… maybe we can find a solution to problems that exist long ago than the ISIS, (to set an example of something that is happening now)
This is a war that we can all fight and that with just a little work we can save thousand million lives…
If you want to know more about it, I suggest this website:
you can even make a donation =)